2017 Chrysler Pacifica Has the Goods to Challenge Minivan Leaders

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blacksmith

No one likes to be knocked off of the top. But that's exactly what happened to Chrysler in the minivan market. As the creator of the modern minivan with the first Dodge Caravan all the way back in 1984, Chrysler ruled the family-hauling roost for many, many years. But the march of time proved cruel, as knockoffs from Honda and Toyota surpassed the original.

Designed during one of the company's roughest economic patches, the outgoing Chrysler minivans were outclassed by the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, and relegated to bargain-buyers and rental fleets. Adding insult to injury, in recent years families have deserted minivans in droves, sacrificing practicality for more fashionable SUVs. Chrysler's challenge became twofold: Convince buyers to opt for a minivan again, and persuade the dwindling audience to consider a Chrysler.

This mission drove Chrysler to drop the Town & Country moniker while resurrecting the Pacifica nameplate from a not-so-well-remembered crossover from the last decade. Styling also aims to reset expectations. It's sleek and streamlined for a van, with a well-hidden track for the sliding side door and optional big 20-inch wheels.

But there's far more to this redesign than a new name and sleeker styling. Thanks to corporate sharing over the years, first with Mercedes-Benz and now Fiat, Chrysler hasn't completely designed an all-new car on their own (that wasn't a Jeep or Ram truck) in decades—until now.

More on: http://www.consumerreports.org/paci...ifica-has-goods-to-challenge-minivan-leaders/

The Chrysler Pacifica really has a lot of great options that are standard. The Uconnect theater entertainment system is great for young and older kids on a long ride

Sam said:
The Chrysler Pacifica really has a lot of great options that are standard. The Uconnect theater entertainment system is great for young and older kids on a long ride

I agree. The features of Chrysler Pacifica is intriguing. The theater entertainment system is particularly good. It's a hell ride if your kids get bored on a journey!

Chrysler Pacifica can definitely challenge the minivan market, no doubt in that, but can they expand the market and get into corporate sectors such as car rentals, driving services and daycare driving services?

Chrysler put a lot of money into bringing back their minivan as a number one seller the added luxury and tech features will definitely help sales

To further my point, the control center which is tipped horizontally and canted towards the driver gives impression of an upscale crossover vs. A Mom's Taxi

The Chrysler Pacifica states you can convert the 8 passenger seat minivan into a full cargo van in under 60 Seconds

I agree the Chrysler Pacifica has the options the specifications and the safety features

Mich said:
Sam said:

I agree. The features of Chrysler Pacifica is intriguing. The theater entertainment system is particularly good. It's a hell ride if your kids get bored on a journey!

:lol: :lol: I know right :lol: been there - one heck of a long trip!

Back