Pre buying advise

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

splitmitten

I found this blog on pre-buying advise. I totally agree with some of it - Going into the dealership takes up an entire day. Why can't we work out all the details on line and then go into the dealership for the real hands on stuff. I find waiting for answers from different dept when at the dealer time consuming and would even go as far as saying a waste of my time.

I purchased my last three vehicles outside of New York State, because none of the dealers in Western New York would come close to the discounts that I received from the dealers that I ended up purchasing from...

It amazes me that in today's world of doing business, which is more and more internet driven, so many dealerships won't even cut right to the chase with their lowest price. Instead, they insist that "You have to come into the dealership in person to get your best deal". I don't have time for that kind of game playing.

I really appreciate the full up-front disclosure of more generous dealer discounts and possible rebates that are displayed right on some dealership websites. LOL of course, you have to make sure you read the fine print to see if they offer you a big discount off of MSRP, only to sneak in things like "Destination Fee of $995.00" back into the final sale price, even though the destination fee IS already IN the MSRP. (!). "Dealer Processing Fee" is another common add-on to watch out for. I don't have a problem with paying a small processing fee like $295.00 for a great sale price on the car, but when they start charging double that or higher, it gets a little annoying...

The Pacifica is going to have some growing pains, because it's a completely new vehicle from the ground up. Keep in mind that when people have problems, sometimes they look for ways online to vent them and to look for assistance and/or support. I'm sure that there are many more completely satisfied Pacifica owners on and off this forum that you don't here from or know about.

There are so many things that usually go into the final decision of what vehicle one buys... many of them are completely subjective. For my money, it's going to be a new Pacifica Limited. I'm not overly concerned about the possibility of a few minor tweaks that a new model might require, because the overall reviews are very good and I've always experienced great customer service from Chrysler, when a dealership wasn't doing the right thing. Also, I love the new styling, innovation, technology and available option packages and conveniences that only the Pacifica possesses IMO.

I've never had any issues with any dealership doing service work for me, even though I didn't purchase the vehicle from them. The service departments are profit generators for the dealerships, so they will be happy to service your vehicle because they are being paid by either you or the factory for the repairs/maintenance. Finding a dealership with qualified and properly trained technicians would probably be more of a concern, than finding one willing to attempt the repair or maintenance. If you did have any issues, I would just look for another dealer to service your vehicle.

This is tricky. Because besides MSRP, there are some fees we have to deal with when we buy cars. Like, destination fee. And there is no list for these additional costs because they vary depending on the situation.

True about the hidden expenses. But I believe here in this forum, we too have many Pacifica owners, who can share their experiences and suggestions for the new buyers.

Arrow01 said:
True about the hidden expenses. But I believe here in this forum, we too have many Pacifica owners, who can share their experiences and suggestions for the new buyers.

Oh gosh, I was just saying I belong to two other Pacifica sites because there are more owners than on this site. I like the info given on this site but not a lot of input from owners where as the other sites have a lot of specific questions, information and discussions based on having the Pacifica. I find being on the different sites gives me a lot balance and it is the best of all worlds :D

ChrysPac05 said:
This is tricky. Because besides MSRP, there are some fees we have to deal with when we buy cars. Like, destination fee. And there is no list for these additional costs because they vary depending on the situation.

This is a good point because they can vary quite a bit depending on where you are buying from.

ginforce said:
Arrow01 said:

Oh gosh, I was just saying I belong to two other Pacifica sites because there are more owners than on this site. I like the info given on this site but not a lot of input from owners where as the other sites have a lot of specific questions, information and discussions based on having the Pacifica. I find being on the different sites gives me a lot balance and it is the best of all worlds :D

Agreed. I have seen many Pacifica enthusiasts here in this Chrysler Pacifica forum, but not a lot of owners.

Back