All Chrysler Pacifica Hybrids Recalled & Sales Paused For Months

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mich

Here is a news about Pacifica sales I found. Thought this is would be a great post to share with the Chrysler Pacifica forum people.
All Pacifica Hybrids that have been held in transit are being or have already been returned to Windsor for a fix which appears to include a software flash.

All Pacifica Hybrids out in the wild will need to have their cars also returned to Windsor for the same fix although dealers (at least mine) have not been instructed to contact those clients yet. Apparently Chrysler thought the hold would have been in place before any units got out to people, oops!

Those currently driving PacHy’s should therefore expect to hear from their dealer soon and should also expect to return their car for at least as long as it takes to send it to Windsor and back. Presumably a loaner will be made available.

My car is now back in Windsor (arrived this morning) and will be shipped direct via truck to my dealer on June 16th, there’s even a truck load time in the system! That means shipping for delivery is being expedited as that is not the usual routing for any new vehicles.

Chrysler Cares has apparently been instructed to not divulge any information to customers lest it make Chrysler look bad…so that’s totally working and is also why they’ve been so useless thus far, it’s literally company policy!

2017 production run for all Pacificas, (gas and hybrid) has been met (confirmed by my dealer) which means you can’t order a fresh one, only a vehicle already in the pipe. The line will be shutting down to retool soon for the 2018 model year which starts selling in September apparently.

Full post: https://cleantechnica.com/2017/06/12/chrysler-pacifica-hybrids-recalled-sales-paused-months/

I read a lot of blogs on this. How disappointing for so many people and some of those bloggers are more than disappointed but down right mad. Hope all the little and big wrinkles get ironed out quickly

About a month ago we started to hear grumblings of something wrong in forums but now it is making news. Found another article that pertains to this

https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-chrysler-pacifica-hybrid-recall-alert-1420695704590/

m16charged said:
About a month ago we started to hear grumblings of something wrong in forums but now it is making news. Found another article that pertains to this

https://www.cars.com/articles/2017-chrysler-pacifica-hybrid-recall-alert-1420695704590/

Saw this post already. And yeah, I have been seeing this type of complaints in many Chrysler Pacifica forums. Now that it has made a news, they must do something about it.

is it just the faulty diodes or is there more to it. I also heard the software for the minivan has some issues?

new2evs said:
is it just the faulty diodes or is there more to it. I also heard the software for the minivan has some issues?

Heard about that! Their software bug is making a lot of order delay, which is not good for the face of the company.

JimmYK said:
new2evs said:

Heard about that! Their software bug is making a lot of order delay, which is not good for the face of the company.

This is what it looks like out there on web land with people being completely turned off by customer service

I have driven nothing but Chrysler products since 1996 . They have been good cars and I honestly never gave it a second thought to potential new technology issues with the Hybrid. That being said the response, or the lack of, we have gotten from the company is completely devoid of any character and is something you should consider before going down this road with them. It's a great car don't get me wrong. But the baggage you get with the car this time for me is inconceivable. I now honestly hate these guys. I'm too old and too tired for the garbage they are cramming down our throats. I wish they would buy us back and be done with this. And by the way, today is the 24th. Owners were supposed to get letters today. Another lie. Another broken promise. You can spend your money better, elsewhere. Good luck with your impending purchase.
not good at all.....

Back