Wish hybrids were cheaper

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogas

The plugins are going to be so much more costly than just the regular gas powered engines behind limited is going to start at $43,090 and the hybrid Platinum is going to start at 46,090.00

You are forgetting some significant savings. There is a federal tax rebate of $7,500. Many states have rebates as well. Where I am, in New York State the Pacifica Hybrid qualifies for $1,100 point of sale discount. So my starting point is now $37,490 not counting any reduction negotiated with the dealer. How does that compare to the equivalent gas trim?

Then there is the lower cost of fuel and maintenance. Since you're using electricity at something like 4 cents per mile (for me - your rates may vary) much of the time, fuel per mile is much cheaper. Also, the electric motor takes stress off the gas engine, so it lasts longer. Regenerative braking means less wear and tear on the brake pads and rotors, so they last longer.

In my humble opinion, it's less expensive to purchase, and much lower total cost of ownership over time.

You are forgetting some significant savings. There is a federal tax rebate of $7,500. Many states have rebates as well. Where I am, in New York State the Pacifica Hybrid qualifies for $1,100 point of sale discount. So my starting point is now $37,490 not counting any reduction negotiated with the dealer. How does that compare to the equivalent gas trim?

Then there is the lower cost of fuel and maintenance. Since you're using electricity at something like 4 cents per mile (for me - your rates may vary) much of the time, fuel per mile is much cheaper. Also, the electric motor takes stress off the gas engine, so it lasts longer. Regenerative braking means less wear and tear on the brake pads and rotors, so they last longer.

In my humble opinion, it's less expensive to purchase, and much lower total cost of ownership over time.

That raises some great points not to mention the environmental savings!

As some studies say, hybrids can be as much as 20 percent more costly than its counterpart conventional gasoline engine. But once you count the payback, the cost to own a hybrid, it seems a lucrative offer. Manufacturers usually offer longer coverages for hybrid cars, so if something goes wrong with batteries or engine, you will get covered.

So here is their compromise to this ;) It is still really expensive

AT LAST A MORE AFFORDABLE CHRYSLER PACIFICA HYBRID!

Read more at https://www.auto123.com/en/news/more-affordable-2017-chrysler-pacifica-hybrid/63614/#9HGGWPI1AE1Upo5C.99

Good news for those consumers who were interested in the new Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid but found the price tag too daunting: FCA Canada has announced the addition of two new entry-level versions to the model lineup for 2017.
The Pacifica Hybrid Touring will sell starting at $50,995, while the Hybrid Premium comes in as $52,495 – putting both versions below the Pacifica Platinum and its $56,495 price point.
What’s more, both new models will be eligible for provincial incentives; in Ontario that means a rebate of $12,389, while Quebec consumers get back $6,958 and British Columbia consumers $5,000.
So what does come standard with these more basic models? In the Touring, 17-inch alloy wheels, power sliding doors, LED taillamps, 12-way power-adjustable and cloth-upholstered driver’s seat, tri-zone climate control, multifunction 7-inch display behind the steering wheel and a Uconnect multimedia infotainment system featuring a central 8.4-inch touchscreen.
The Premium version, meanwhile, adds a roof rack system, remote starter, Park-Sense Rear Park Assist with Active Braking, Blind-Spot Monitoring with Rear Cross-Path Detection, front heated seats and leather upholstery with perforated inserts.
The 2017 Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid has an all-electric range of 53 km, and a total range of about 910 km; its fuel consumption is 2.6Le/100 km for city driving. It can cruise at up to 120 km/h without using the gasoline engine

I think we should be careful when we say the environment wins with electric vehicles. From grave to sales we still have not been able to accurately calculate a media friendly version of the toll the EV vehicle takes on the environment. Not to say gas cars and so much other manufacturing don't I just don't feel it is wise to be cocky over a generalized statement like environmentally friendly. We can't forget that our EV's are only as clean as where our energy comes from.

Back