Some differences on the Touring L and the Touring L+

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogas

Bit of a break down on why the Touring L+ is about 4k more expensive than the Touring L

The L+ allows you to purchase the advanced safety package

UConnect Theatre 8.4 ($695 option on Touring L). The reviews said the 8.4" is so much better than the 5"

7" EVIC
13 Alpine Speakers - ($895 option on the Touring L)
Better sound insulation
Stow 'N Go assist on passenger side
2nd row power up and down one touch windows
8-Way passenger seating
Heated steering wheel
NAV
Spare Tire
Touring Suspension

You can't get NAV or towing package on Touring L (towing is not allowed on Pacifica and I have no idea why a towing package is available??!!)

You can't get NAV or Trailer Tow package on the Touring L.

Touring L + has its perks. It is worth $3k-4k plus money if anyone wants everything from the list. But personally, I can live without the giant UConnect Theatre. I don't plan to go "all fancy" with my ride. So, I will be okay with Touring L for now.

Check the thread on "Can you tow with the Chrysler Pacifica". While some have indicated dealers are saying the warranty is void if you tow...

lukestuke posted this:

I don't know where the info above is quoted from, but on the Chrysler website, it says this:
The Chrysler Pacifica provides a Best-in-Class maximum towing capacity of 3,600 pounds to help you transport your oversized toys.

In this brochurehttps://www.chrysler.ca/en_dir/pdf/2017/brochures/pacifica.pdf
On page 7, lower right corner, it states this:
Whether it’s loading up the interior with home improvement supplies or garage sale furniture, or pulling the family camper or boat, you’ll easily get it done with a towing capacity of up to 1,633 kg (3,600 lb). When you’re pulling that much weight, it’s nice to know the available Trailer Sway Control (TSC)will help keep you safely on course.

The brochure also has info on the Pacifica Hybrid, and in other places clearly states when something is different for the Hybrid model. ie. "*Second-row Stow ’n Go and 8-passenger seating not available on Pacifica Hybrid."

I take that to mean the towing capacity is the same on both the standard hybrid Pacifica and the plug-in hybrid Pacifica Hybrid models.

The key is *When properly equipped with Trailer Tow Group. So you have to purchase the Pacifica with those options... otherwise you shouldn't be towing with it.

I'm responding to the towing comment. I have been on other sites and looked at the Pacifica manual and it doesn't allow towing. I find it crazy as well because there you have it were it says it has the best towing package. Can't quite figure out what is going on with it. Going to the dealer next week to ask and I will post what information I have on it.

Others have commented that dealers say you can't tow with it. But there it is in the manual...

It will be interesting to see what you find out!

Back