2017 Chrysler Pacifica: New strong rival in minivan niche

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

citygirl

Pacifica isn’t a new automotive nameplate. Chrysler first used it on a concept vehicle 1999. The Chrysler SUV/wagon discontinued in 2008 after four years of production was also called the Pacifica.
But the name has returned again with the debut of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan. It’s the replacement for the royal-sounding and now-defunct Town & Country.
he three-row, seven or eight-passenger minivan joins the niche market dominated for many years by the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. But out and good riddance with the former vehicle Chrysler called a “sports tourer.” And welcome its sibling that resembles no one else in the family.

Once considered stodgy and best reserved as utilitarian people movers for “soccer moms” and family picnics, the minivan segment is vastly improved. Like the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, the new Pacifica is a modern, comfortable touring vehicle.

It’s still a people hauler, but like its competitors, the new Chrysler prompts a serious consideration for new buyers.

https://theweeklydriver.com/2017/03/2017-chrysler-pacifica-new-strong-rival-minivan-niche/

I think the price tag is too high for it to be a strong rival. I think it will have a niche market but that is all. Reads like a super mini van - love all the safety features but it is really pricey

The base model is still running around the same price as the Honda Odyssey but the hybrid blows it all out of the water. At approx $42,000.00 there really is not another comparable minivan that high.

If I were to buy a minivan right now I would only want the hybrid. That being said $42K for a minivan is a little pricey for me. Let's face it the kids, their friends, the dog and all that gear and bikes in and out of it are only going to destroy it lol - seriously. I love the Pacifica but am going to have to wait until the hybrid prices come down. The Pacifica has made the standard for me and I am not looking at anything less but I think my top range is around 34 - 36K for something like I said that is only going to get destroyed.

citygirl said:
Pacifica isn’t a new automotive nameplate. Chrysler first used it on a concept vehicle 1999. The Chrysler SUV/wagon discontinued in 2008 after four years of production was also called the Pacifica.
But the name has returned again with the debut of the 2017 Chrysler Pacifica minivan. It’s the replacement for the royal-sounding and now-defunct Town & Country.
he three-row, seven or eight-passenger minivan joins the niche market dominated for many years by the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna. But out and good riddance with the former vehicle Chrysler called a “sports tourer.” And welcome its sibling that resembles no one else in the family.

Once considered stodgy and best reserved as utilitarian people movers for “soccer moms” and family picnics, the minivan segment is vastly improved. Like the Honda Odyssey and Toyota Sienna, the new Pacifica is a modern, comfortable touring vehicle.

It’s still a people hauler, but like its competitors, the new Chrysler prompts a serious consideration for new buyers.

https://theweeklydriver.com/2017/03/2017-chrysler-pacifica-new-strong-rival-minivan-niche/

I think the price tag is too high for it to be a strong rival. I think it will have a niche market but that is all. Reads like a super mini van - love all the safety features but it is really pricey

Wow, this is a cool feature. Thanks for sharing it here, it encourages me to get this minivan for my family.

It sounds like a really great vehicle... I think it will be popular even with a higher price tag. You get quality and you pay for it...

PluggedIn said:
It sounds like a really great vehicle... I think it will be popular even with a higher price tag. You get quality and you pay for it...

Normally I would agree with you but there is the stigma of the minivan and its uncoolness lol For close to the same price people can be in other larger SUV's with some great features as well. If it were me with kids hands down for the first 12 years of my kids life I would choose a minivan over anything especially the Pacifica but I do many people who will not pay a big price tag to drive around in a van. Call it shallow or what you will they are not going to pay

I would imagine that the same folks who bought the Town and Country would be interested... there are just so many good features. I would not want to drive a bare bones van for sure, but would consider the Pacifica as I also pull a little trailer, so it would be the best of everything.

PluggedIn said:
I would imagine that the same folks who bought the Town and Country would be interested... there are just so many good features. I would not want to drive a bare bones van for sure, but would consider the Pacifica as I also pull a little trailer, so it would be the best of everything.

Agree with you. I know minivans are not the most appealing option to a lot of people. But, if someone is looking for one, they would find Chrysler Pacifica a great deal. Better interior, better tech, better fuel efficiency, better safety - this car is a catch.

Back