Maserati Levante will use parts of the Pacifica Hybrid drivetrain

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

picasso

Maserati-Levante-front-three-quarte-in-motion-01.jpg

The Maserati Levante Crossover vehicle will use some component from the Pacifica Hybrid in order to offer a plug-in hybrid version of the vehicle.

The Levante Hybrid will go on sale near the end of 2017, or perhaps early 2018.

Maserati CEO Herald Wester says that Maserati can't handle doing it's own technology right now, so they looked for who to partner with.
He went on to say that the take rate on the plug-in hybrid will likely be 6% or less, so right now there is no financial benefit to them developing their own hybrid drivetrain.

The 2017 Pacifica Minivan will make 80 MPGe and travel 30 miles in pure EV mode.

The hybrid system being developed will eventually rollout across the entire FCA (Fiat-Chrysler-Automotive) vehicle lineup.

I've read a lot of Articles we're different Automotive companies are sharing EV technology

The sharing of new technology only benefits the consumer as we get the best of what's out there

Not sure if that lessens my dreamy view of the Maserati or not hahaha. Don't know if I can get out of my head that the Maserati now has minivan Parts in it LOL

I see this as a really good thing....bringing great innovation to everyone not just the elite

Back