How Do Hybrid Cars and Trucks Work?

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mark1tan

Here is an interesting post about hybrid cars.

Conventional vehicles use gasoline or diesel to power an internal combustion engine. Hybrids also use an internal combustion engine—and can be fueled like normal cars—but have an electric motor and battery, and can be partially or wholly powered by electricity.

By using both a conventional engine and electric motor, the best hybrids achieve significantly better fuel efficiency than their non-hybrid counterparts. They also pollute less and save drivers money through fuel savings.

The most advanced hybrids have larger batteries and can recharge their batteries from an outlet, allowing them to drive extended distances on electricity before switching to gasoline or diesel. Known as "plug-in hybrids," these cars can offer much-improved environmental performance and increased fuel savings by substituting grid electricity for gasoline.

Read the full post here: http://www.ucsusa.org/clean-vehicles/electric-vehicles/how-do-hybrids-work#.WT1LEJKGPIU

Love the informative content of articles like this. Even though I have read stuff like this many times it always good to renew and refresh on the information

Regenerative braking tech is fascinating. This is why hybrids get better mileage in the city than they do on the highway.

Interesting post. I am particularly interested in the Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. Does anyone know which car companies are working with this right now?

Great post! Now everyone knows what it is inside of the electric cars that allow it to get much better mileage.

casparfelic00 said:
Interesting post. I am particularly interested in the Hydrogen fuel cell vehicles. Does anyone know which car companies are working with this right now?

Hydrogen vehicle is already available in the market. Some such cars are - Toyota Mirai, Hyundai ix35 FCEV, Honda Clarity etc.

Back