True or False Canada on has 3 provinces where the rebates are offered?

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tessy

Can anyone confirm if this is true. Does Canada only have 3 provinces that offer incentives for buying electric vehicles!? Is it really on BC, Quebec and Ontario where the incentive programs exist? I really hope not.

Take a look at the link below. Some really helpful information in regards to Ontario and it's policies on EV's

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/vehicles/electric/electric-vehicle-rebate.shtml#hyundai

Unfortunately it's true - BC, Ontario and Quebec are the only provinces to offer incentives for electric cars. It would be helpful if more provinces would do that.

PluggedIn said:
Unfortunately it's true - BC, Ontario and Quebec are the only provinces to offer incentives for electric cars. It would be helpful if more provinces would do that.

For such a big country I would think more provinces would get behind the electric car and its benefits. It's really archaic to think that government bureaucracy is not behind going more green 100%. The incentives are what is getting a majority of people into electric cars as for lots of us the initial sticker price is very high. Alberta is a province with a major population. I know oil is their thing but come on the electric vehicle is not taking anything away from the oil manufacturers - as of yet. Very strange

I agree. It's odd that there isn't more interest by other provincial governments... although those three provinces have the largest cities, so it may be a population density issue - more concern about commuter traffic.

Back