Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid stands alone

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogas

I found a new review which was great as it has up to date pricing ect. I copied the fast facts below but take the time and read the whole article it is worth it

FAST FACTS:

Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid: Two front plus two sliding side door, full-size minivan. Front-wheel drive.

PRICE: ‘Launch’ edition — $56,495, less government bribes (B.C. — up to $8,000; Ontario — $14,000; Quebec — $8,000)

ENGINE: 3.6-litre V6, double overhead camshafts, four valves per cylinder camshafts, variable valve timing, Atkinson cycle.

MOTOR: Dual electric motors combined with a planetary gearset transmission.

POWER (total system, gasoline and electric): 260 (estimated).

TORQUE: Not specified.

FUEL CONSUMPTION (Transport Canada; City / Highway / Combined, L/100 km): Not Available. Regular unleaded fuel.

COMPETITION: There are no other hybrid minivans. Regular competition — nonhybrid Chrysler Pacifica, Honda Odyssey, Kia Sedona, Toyota Sienna.

WHAT’S BEST: Unbeatable capacity and gasoline/electric range, well-equipped, strong performance, comfortable well-equipped interior.

WHAT’S WORST: Unconscionable government subsidies partially mask high price.

WHAT’S INTERESTING: A hybrid that I sort-of like? That’s not merely interesting, that’s amazing ...

https://www.thestar.com/autos/2017/02/04/chrysler-pacifica-hybrid-stands-alone.html

Why are so many reviewers angry at the subsidies masking the high price of the van. Is this because we know soon there will be no incentives or tax break money and we may in fact have to pay full price for the van or do they feel just an overall distaste for the van being too expensive. I agree there is no point for new vehicles in this type of bracket to be so pricey. Even pick up trucks are grossly expensive and I am not sure why. Hopefully the incentives stay a good long time so no one has to face the hit of the big price tag on the Pacifica

I think we'll see subsidies last for a while - until electric vehicles become more widely accepted. Hope so, anyway!

Back