Great review from Tom Moloughney (BMW i3 Guy)

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

columbo

Tom saw the Pacifica Hybrid Plug-in at the LA Auto Show, got to sit in it, and check it out.

His honest review is capped with details of why Chrysler continues to dominate the minivan segment - they're always ahead of everyone else and even after 20 years they are still innovating with the first plug-in minivan available!

Full review here: http://insideevs.com/chrysler-pacifica-phev-worlds-first-plug-in-minivan/

Chrysler doesn't dominate like they used to - the Sienna and Odyssey are both great vans - but I still think they are the market leader.

These PHEV minivans are more flexible, especially for those of us new to the electric vehicle world! If we can use it just as a normal gas car, but end up with EV driving once in a while that's great. And, some of us, will get chargers and try to do mostly EV driving, but it's great to know we have the same-old-gas-engine backup to drive since there will be a learning curve for the EV part of it.

I'm really looking forward to the Pacifica Hybrid!

Chrysler still dominates the North American minivan market:

In Canada they have sold 50,000 of them vs the 11,000 Sienna and Odyssey vans.
In the USA, they've sold 225,000 vs the 209,000 of the Sienna and Odyssey vans in a year they are phasing out the old, and there is still some phasing-in, slow-supply on the Pacifica non hybrid version.

Back