Production started 4 months ago, and hardly any are selling?

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

columbo

Just read an article about the Pacifica Hybrid on InsideEVs.

Production originally started back in November 2016, and yet very few have been delivered yet... how come?!
I'm just waiting here Chrysler, hurry up

Did you read the rest of the article? Check out this part:

Unfortunately, inventory over-stock gripped the domestic automakers in North America, and many plants where given an extended shutdown (up to 3 weeks in some cases) – this included FCA’s Windsor plant.

The result was that the re-start of production of the Pacifica Hybrid was pushed back several weeks, compounded by a subsequent quality control hold, parts issue in late January/early February. What we can say is that a fair number of Pacifica Hybrids have been built in February, but then penned up awaiting on QC. Various reports suggest that the plug-in van should start re-arriving, and in volume, by early-to-mid March.

From the EV Sales Chart: http://insideevs.com/february-2017-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

picasso said:
Did you read the rest of the article? Check out this part:

Unfortunately, inventory over-stock gripped the domestic automakers in North America, and many plants where given an extended shutdown (up to 3 weeks in some cases) – this included FCA’s Windsor plant.

The result was that the re-start of production of the Pacifica Hybrid was pushed back several weeks, compounded by a subsequent quality control hold, parts issue in late January/early February. What we can say is that a fair number of Pacifica Hybrids have been built in February, but then penned up awaiting on QC. Various reports suggest that the plug-in van should start re-arriving, and in volume, by early-to-mid March.

From the EV Sales Chart: http://insideevs.com/february-2017-plug-in-electric-vehicle-sales-report-card/

I would rather have the van's stuck in quality control versus having any recalls on them

Well if they are just stuck in QC but complete not all bad. As long as all parts are in good quality we are already into March so according to this article we should see them in abundance. So stoked is the plug in. It is on the expensive side for me but I will test drive and see what people are saying about them. I might be able to buy one used. Crossing my fingers

Back