LONG-TERM ROAD TEST UPDATE : 2017 Chrysler Pacifica

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrysPac05

An update for the Chrysler Pacifica forum members. Dave Vanderwerp has described it perfectly.

This latest Chrysler minivan’s overall design and execution. Of course, we appreciate its practical attributes, too: the commanding forward visibility, the various cubby-storage locations, the fold-in-the-floor second-row Stow ’n Go bucket seats, that each of its seven seats can comfortably accommodate adults, and that the large cargo area behind the third row can swallow a dozen carry-on-sized suitcases.

http://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/2017-chrysler-pacifica-long-term-test-update-review

Those of us who have logged the most miles have reported achy outer thighs after resting them against the relatively firm seat sculpting for more than three or four hours in the saddle. We think the bottom cushion should be more plush, especially on a vehicle that is so suited to long hauls.

Is this a common problem? Do other Pacifica owners feel the same?

JimmYK said:
k3g said:
JimmYK said:
The navigation destination fault is a bit disappointing.

Is it? I mean, who actually uses the in-car navigation anymore?

Why would you say that?

Because now we have our smartphones to do that! We all have phones whose nav system is way better than what the car has to offer.

k3g said:
JimmYK said:
k3g said:
Is it? I mean, who actually uses the in-car navigation anymore?

Why would you say that?

Because now we have our smartphones to do that! We all have phones whose nav system is way better than what the car has to offer.

I agree. Car's nav system is old news. Most of them are not as good as the phone's navigation. And the car company a charges a huge amount just for this feature. I hate that some manufacturers force people to buy the Nav system by packaging the high-end audio package and nav package as one.

mark1tan said:
k3g said:
JimmYK said:
Why would you say that?

I agree. Car's nav system is old news. Most of them are not as good as the phone's navigation. And the car company a charges a huge amount just for this feature. I hate that some manufacturers force people to buy the Nav system by packaging the high-end audio package and nav package as one.

The general trend now in the industry seems to be not making a "nav" systems per se, there are actually the "infotainment" systems. In this system, you get apps like Pandora, a backup camera, Bluetooth wireless, voice communication, weather reports, internet access, and so on and so forth. They really do quite a bit more than simply get you from point A to point B.

Of course, if a car offers only the "nav" system, then I agree with you too. It's not worth your money.

casparfelic00 said:
The 0.87g skidpad is exceptional. After 40000 miles or so, this will be likely improved.

Not informed enough to know what you mean. Can you please explain. Thank you

newbie1 said:
casparfelic00 said:
The 0.87g skidpad is exceptional. After 40000 miles or so, this will be likely improved.

Not informed enough to know what you mean. Can you please explain. Thank you

Skidpad in a car is responsible for the control of sidewise acceleration, the simulation of the car when it takes a turn. When the car skid out of control, the skidpad sort of holds everything in place.

That sounds like a really good safety feature.

I agree with the nav system comments - my in car system stopped working and I don't miss it. Siri gets me wherever I need to go...

Back