Ontario funding for manufacturing of Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lukestuke

Since the Pacifica Hybrid is being built at the Windor Automotive Plant in Ontario, the provincial government has decided to fund $85 million to Fiat Chrysler Canada for its contribution to the local economy.

Part of the funding will be specifically to support the production of the plug-in hybrid Pacifica, and parts to support enhanced research at the AUomotive Research and Development Center as well as advanced training at the FCA Windsor Assembly Plant.

Pricing for the Pacifica will range from $28K to $42K in the USA.
In Canada, the price range is $43K to $52K CDN.
PHEV pricing hasn't been announced yet, but will likely be the same or even higher than the top gasoline trim model.

ARDCSpecialEvent11ml8freolok0h9rekopommam61p__mid.jpg

I can't wait to get one of these! I'm not sure I can spend $50,000 dollars, but may have to wait a couple years for a used one.

The reason the Canadian model costs more is because at 16 kWh the Pacifica Hybrid Plug-in is close to getting the maximum $14,000 rebate. In Ontario, the rebate is based on MSRP so why start at a lower price point?

columbo said:
I can't wait to get one of these! I'm not sure I can spend $50,000 dollars, but may have to wait a couple years for a used one.

Hey, that's my plan too! I guess in about two-three years, an used Chrysler Pcifica will cost $15000-$16000, it'll be really affordable then.

lukestuke said:
Since the Pacifica Hybrid is being built at the Windor Automotive Plant in Ontario, the provincial government has decided to fund $85 million to Fiat Chrysler Canada for its contribution to the local economy.

Part of the funding will be specifically to support the production of the plug-in hybrid Pacifica, and parts to support enhanced research at the AUomotive Research and Development Center as well as advanced training at the FCA Windsor Assembly Plant.

Pricing for the Pacifica will range from $28K to $42K in the USA.
In Canada, the price range is $43K to $52K CDN.
PHEV pricing hasn't been announced yet, but will likely be the same or even higher than the top gasoline trim model.

ARDCSpecialEvent11ml8freolok0h9rekopommam61p__mid.jpg

Could you share the PHEV price when it's available with the Chrysler Pacifica forum?

evguy said:
The reason the Canadian model costs more is because at 16 kWh the Pacifica Hybrid Plug-in is close to getting the maximum $14,000 rebate. In Ontario, the rebate is based on MSRP so why start at a lower price point?

If it gets any higher it'll enter Tesla territory. That might not a good move for the sale of the car.

columbo said:

That's gonna be a good investment. Do you currently own another minivan?

The province of Ontario is investing 20 million dollars in the private and public sectors to implement high speed charging stations throughout the cities in response to the Windsor automotive plant and the production of the Pacifica PHEV

In 2015 FCA CEO Sergio marchionne said they were going to invest two billion dollars in the new Chrysler Pacifica and upgrading the Windsor Ontario assembly plant to enable production there

Back