Electric Cars 101: The Answers to All Your EV Questions

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrysPac05

This article presents the very basic of electric car technology. So if anyone in the Chrysler Pacifica forum wants to start from the beginning or just want to refresh his/her memory, this article will take you there.

Once a high-tech novelty, electric cars are becoming increasingly common. In fact, several models from mainstream brands have now been sold for years. But many consumers have limited exposure to electric vehicles (commonly known as EVs) and may have many questions about whether an electric car might fit into their lives.

Full article link: http://www.consumerreports.org/hybrids-evs/electric-cars-101-the-answers-to-all-your-ev-questions/

An interesting thought barely came to my mind before but now I am thinking. What would happen if EVs become the norm rather than the exception in our life? Can we handle the need of power source for charging their EVs simultaneously? I think it points out the need to develop alternative power sources for recharging - ie a Solar setup at home.

casparfelic00 said:
An interesting thought barely came to my mind before but now I am thinking. What would happen if EVs become the norm rather than the exception in our life? Can we handle the need of power source for charging their EVs simultaneously? I think it points out the need to develop alternative power sources for recharging - ie a Solar setup at home.

Solar setup is an effective idea. As far as I know, many companies are already working to incorporate this technology into vehicles. For example, you can check Audi or Tesla.

Back