Chrysler Pacifica opens doors to wheelchair users

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmYK

One of the most amazing features of Chrysler Pacifica is that it's easily accessible to wheelchair users. All cars should have this feature in my opinion.

The most spacious wheelchair-accessible vehicle in the industry, the BraunAbility Chrysler Pacifica features patent-pending AccessAbility technology, including an aerospace-inspired sliding door extension and the industry's widest side-entry ramp, with rear-axle space innovations and cantilevered seat bases that expand interior cabin space, maximizing space for obstruction-free maneuverability for all sizes and types of wheelchairs,” according to a news release from the company.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...pacifica-wheelchair-users-20170214-story.html

This is awesome because wheelchairs do come in all different sizes. This is going to make a lot of people happy.

That's a great feature as there are many people who need to transport people in wheelchairs. A very forward-thinking feature.

Kudos to Chrysler with this van. They have really hit every market. It's so important to have manufacturing that is exactly what society needs. I have a friend who is having her van fitted for a wheelchair lift and alterations to the pedals and steering right now. It is really expensive and time consuming. She is with out a vehicle for a little over a week. For you and I this may not be a big deal but for her it really is. The Pacifica is a home run for so many people - now only if they would lower the electric model option price :p

Are these vehicles being outfitted at the Chrysler Plant in Ontario as well? If so that is one amazing thing they have done there. It must have been super expensive to revamp that plant to be able to build the Dodge Grand Caravan, the Chrysler Pacifica and the Chrysler Pacifica Hybrid all in one location. In a plant like that would each vehicle have their own assembly line or would each assembly line be able to accommodate all vehicles?

JimmYK said:
One of the most amazing features of Chrysler Pacifica is that it's easily accessible to wheelchair users. All cars should have this feature in my opinion.

The most spacious wheelchair-accessible vehicle in the industry, the BraunAbility Chrysler Pacifica features patent-pending AccessAbility technology, including an aerospace-inspired sliding door extension and the industry's widest side-entry ramp, with rear-axle space innovations and cantilevered seat bases that expand interior cabin space, maximizing space for obstruction-free maneuverability for all sizes and types of wheelchairs,” according to a news release from the company.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/class...pacifica-wheelchair-users-20170214-story.html

Wow. Thanks for the great information here. This could be perfect car for my sister because she will need this for our mom. I will look forward to get the lease details of this car.

Yes, I read the article a few days back and thought to share in the Chrysler Pacifica forum. It is interesting that automotive manufacturers are thinking for everyone. Folks with mobility impairments, the minivan is the best option for them. Since the BraunAbility founder Ralph Braun introduced the first hydraulic wheelchair lift in a Dodge B series Ram Van, I must say wheelchair owners' life became a little easier. Wheelchair sizes can vary but Chrysler Pacifica seems to manage space for all of its kind. Nice work, Chrysler!

Back