Here's How Much One of Tesla's Amazing Solar Roofs Actually Costs

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nogas

https://www.inverse.com/article/35106-tesla-solar-roof-actual-price

Thought I would post something on the Solar energy from Tesla. There are many solar contractors to choose from and if you live in a climate that is ideal for it this is just good food for thought. Recharging with solar power is the ultimate in environmental stewardship and hats off to all of you who are doing this or are thinking about doing this.

I am posting as small part of the article here as there are charts and photos to look at and it would take 30 min for me to get that all on here lol so I figure just follow the link if you are interested :D

he Tesla Solar Roof is here, and if company CEO Elon Musk has his way, there will be one on most houses within 15 years. But despite its energy efficiency and dazzling looks, clean power doesn’t come cheap — and Tesla’s listed price is a little hazy on some of the details. So how much will it actually cost?
Tesla offers one figure for the cost of its proprietary solar roof: $21.85 per square foot, on average. Musk has said the tiles will cost “less than a normal roof.” The problem is Tesla’s messaging and advertising for the roof all factor into 30 years of energy savings from going solar. That makes sense, given three decades is the typical lifetime for a roof, but those aren’t savings a buyer will see on day one, or even day 1,000. And the initial cost is steep.
What’s a Normal Roof?
On Wednesday, the company released a couple amazing photos of the solar roof installed on a house, a visual reminder that Tesla’s tiles combine the beauty of slate and the practicality of solar. They were the first actual houses — not ones on the set of Desperate Housewives — to have Tesla roofs that the public has seen.
While the high-end slate tiles looked amazing, the majority of homes in America use a cheaper asphalt shingle roof. Per Tesla’s own chart below, asphalt shingle roofs cost, on average, about $5 per square foot to install. DIY installations come even cheaper. So right off the bat, Tesla’s pricing puts it more in the range of premium roof materials, like tile, metal, and slate.

Tesla is one of the most expensie dealers in solar panel Do your homework and choose wisely

Back