Proper way to charge your Chrysler Pacifica

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mich

This handy picture demonstrates the proper procedures to charge any EV or Plug-in.

1.jpg

That's a very instructive manual! I'm sure new ev owners and Chrysler Pacifica forum members will find it useful.

Does the battery in an EV last the lifetime of the car or do you have to replace it

Yes it's possible they need to be replaced each batteries longevity is based on the car and how it's driven

What happens to the old batteries are they dispose of in an eco-friendly manner?

Even though there are fast charging battery stations as fast as 20 minutes an EV or PHEV including the Chrysler Pacifica should not be charged in less than 3 hours it depletes the battery's longevity

To be even more eco-friendly charging your battery at night is better for the environment as there is less demand for energy at throughout the city

Toxco Incorporated currently the only us-based company that is able to recycle all sizes and models of lithium ion batteries was awarded a 2.4 million dollar Grant in order to expand its recycling facility in Lancaster Ohio Toxco will provide end-of-life management and recycling of these Advanced batteries in a safe and environmentally-sound manner

Cute picture1 The instructions are easy enough, only if everyone were smart enough to follow the rules!

:lol: I can never understand why people try to do things like charging an electric vehicle battery their own way - the mistake may bring to much cost to fix for me

Our hopes are that globally Ev's take over or at least hit mainstream capacity. Right now globally we are getting a lot of reports that infrastructure is a real mish mash. I would say the same is a possiblity for Canada and the US. Sure main cities in main Provinces or States are well equipped with reasonably priced charging and convenience but this is not the case in the UK. It causes some concern as Europe and the UK are farther ahead with the electric vehicle than we are and some of the problems outlined in the UK we are seeing in small factions here. Right now in the UK the energy and gas are running at almost equal costs. Once drivers add their charging memberships and cost of energy at the charging stations it is costing them more for electricity than for gas. They are finding there is a problem in non unified charging affiliates. Too many memberships have to be bought in order to have efficient charging options. Lastly, some of the charging stations are in totally inappropriate areas like in the parking lots of furniture stores. It is a clear reminder to us in North America to get a good handle on the charging station issues, unify them, make them convenient and cost effective before it becomes an out of control mess here as well

Back