Recall and buyback

Chrysler Pacifica Forum

Help Support Chrysler Pacifica Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jimmyjon

So I came across this today... I never realized the problems with the Pacifica were getting to this stage. That must be so disappointing for many people. If you are going through this my condolences to you

How far has anyone gotten with Chrysler resolution who's real mission seems to be get your car fixed and then negotiate for loss of value,use etc.. They will be calling again on Wednesday but I would be surprised at anything new.

How far has any one gotten with 1800 lemon law who told me we have a case that may result in buyback, replacement, or reimbursement for loss. They are sending papers.

Are there any other avenues to be pursued?

Everyone should know all the options.

And this is for Sy. I know you went down the Chrysler resolution road and were given some options. Did these options only take place after your car had been repaired?

Please, everyone who is in this boat, talk about this and add whatever you can to the conversation. This is potentially a $50,000 decision for each one of us. Too much knowledge will not be a bad thing when it's time to act. There is a lot riding on this even for the owners who chose to drive their Hybrids and what their ultimate resale and warranty might be. And I'm sure Chrysler will not add any new information to help with this. It's much easier for them to pick us off one at a time then deal with us as a group. Stay strong.

Yea. I thought about the service contract and how it might not actually cost anyone anything. It is just an agreement that eventually expires and the problem goes away (For them.). It will only cost them something when it breaks. Then it is tossed onto the pile of other cases. Waiting for their time in court if ever needed for their attorneys.
I'd keep on the cases until you get some sort of commitment. However your state has it structured.

Quasi related...
A while ago I received approval from FCA for a guy who's truck (3500 with Cummins Diesel with 6spd.) has had problems... ahem. Many problems. Took the truck to max speed within 4K km of new ownership. Rev limited = 175 km/h plus-ish... Well... tranny and exhaust fluid problems shortly after. The small claims court was involved. The approved and accepted compensation is when he sells his truck to the dealer he will get a fair price, plus FCA Employee discount. Which is more than the Dealership Employee discount. So if he ditched the truck in for new right away, the compensation would be considerable. Now he accepts that we have fixed the truck, but he has no faith it. Hasn't had a problem The longer without taking the offer, the less he will have to get against the new truck. It will still be at EP price. Compensation enough for the guy by his own opinion. I think the bank still has him against the wall though. The owner is the first guy I've had contact from FCA with regarding payout of some sort of lemon complaint. All other complaints that I know of are nearly solved by a warranty claim. Keep trying to fix it and don't let up waiting for parts. Ask ask ask.

Psst. We've gotten in some trouble in the past because FCA could prove we went TOO far for the customer. Releasing documents on the VIN... Really educating the guy to be prepared for the canned responses from them. What was most effective is to head over to the FCA corp site. Find the board of directors. It seems ALL employees at FCA use a common style of email. [email protected] or [email protected]. Prepare a scream-mail, make a list of BCC entries, and let it go. I've seen this work for a Challenger SRT8, and a Hellcat. I get a call to see how they figured out everyone and their emails. "Duh. Google dude."

Back